WHO WE ARE
Listed on the JSE on 3 May 1999, AEEI is a majority black-owned and black-controlled diversified investment holding company based in South Africa and is a subsidiary of Sekunjalo Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
We have investments in fishing and brands, technology, events and tourism, health, and beauty, and bio therapeutics, all supporting Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) and small, medium and micro-enterprises (SMMEs) as well as strategic investments, some with international partners.
We exist to empower previously disadvantaged individuals through job creation and maximising shareholder wealth generation through strategic investments.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
African Equity Empowerment Investments Limited is a diversified Company that empowers people through profits and partnerships.
We are a dynamic and innovative Company that creates superior stakeholder value.
Our strategy is to grow through acquisitions and leverage our existing portfolio by maximising our net asset base and improving cash generation, thereby growing income sustainably and managing costs. We aim to create sustainable value for our stakeholders and to integrate sustainable development into our strategy, governance, management, and reporting, with the strategic objective of reducing our negative environmental impact.
Our business activities are geared to ensure long-term sustainable value for our stakeholders in the short-, medium- and long-term. Our capitals enable us to add value creating value for our shareholders. We use our capitals responsibly by evaluating the prospective returns of each capital deployed. We have integrated our business model into our strategy.
OUR VALUES ARE WHAT DRIVES US
Our ability to operate in a capital-constrained environment.
- Access to cost-effective capital
- Flexible balance sheet
- Transparent, relevant, and timeous reporting to investors
- Ensured sustainability by managing the risks and capitalising on opportunities in our markets
Our strategic approach in managing our assets.
- Our business structures and operational processes
- Property, plant and equipment
- Leased premises, furniture and fittings
- Market leaders in information technology and software
- Capital investment in our businesses
- Continuously innovate to deliver sustainable solutions
- Providing quality products and services
Focus on retaining our high performers and growing our talent pool.
- A strong Board
- An experienced and diverse management team and employee base
- Equal opportunities employer
- Investing in our employees’ growth
- Building social capital
- Promote positive and objective performance management
- Fair and transparent remuneration
- Health, safety and well-being of employees
- Workplace transformation and diversity
Focus on sustainable, innovative products and processes in our business through our intangible assets.
- Brand identification
- Patents, trademarks and copyright
- Internally generated software licences
- Knowledge-based assets
- Collaborate research and development investments
- Innovative thinking and agility
- Unique customer solutions
SOCIAL RELATIONSHIP CAPITAL
Maintain strong relationships with all our stakeholders.
- Our trusted relationships with our stakeholders are key to our reputation, the delivery of our goal sand central to the environment in which we operate
- Our material stakeholders
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Leaders in transformation
- B-BBEE Level 3
- Our sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Environmental, social and governance goals (ESG)
The amount of natural resources the Group uses during the normal course of business:
- Our direct use and impact of natural resources through our operations
- Effective management systems
- Our carbon emissions
- Water and electricity consumption