The AEEI Group is well aware of the critical role that a business has to play in the upliftment and development of the previously disadvantaged majority. The Group is committed to investing in the upliftment of society and in playing a pivotal role in improving the quality of life of the disadvantaged communities through its corporate citizenship initiatives.
The AEEI Group continues to subscribe to a sustainable approach in conducting its business. For AEEI, social sustainability and corporate citizenship go beyond legislative compliance. It recognises the rights and responsibilities of businesses within a broader societal context and reinforces the mission of AEEI to be a dynamic and innovative Company that creates superior stakeholder value.
Our strategic focus on being an exemplary custodian assists us in managing our impact on the communities around us and we actively contribute to their socioeconomic development through various initiatives.
Many of the subsidiaries in the Group support their own initiatives in line with the Group policy and their areas of operation.
It is for this reason that we need to give back to the communities in which AEEI operates by:
- Driving the corporate social investment strategy across the Group by investing in social services in our communities and creating value through social investment;
- Paying our taxes and royalties to government;
- Driving B-BEE targets in the Group;
- Further driving transformation throughout the Group;
- Adhering to ethical standards and preventing corruption;
- Supporting local business and promoting social and economic development;
- Providing employment opportunities and skills development;
- Providing training and development through our internship programme;
- Investing in the future of our youth by facilitating access to higher education;
- Ensuring effective risk management and compliance;
- Promoting social and economic development;
- Promoting partnerships with business peers, sector organisations and research bodies;
- Maintaining open channels of communications; and
Ensuring that the Group is seen to be and is a responsible corporate citizen.