Tel: +27 21 427 1400
Fax: +27 21 419 0731
Premier Fishing (Pty) Ltd is a predominantly commercial fishing, fish processing and marketing company. Its range of activities involves some 1000 permanent and seasonal staff, as well as factories, facilities and vessels operating in three provinces. The group has developed good relationships with its customers in Asia, Europe and the USA. Furthermore, it has built partnerships with small companies particularly in west coast rock lobster sector where it assists these companies with the catching and marketing of their fish. This is in line with the group’s fundamental principle of developing smaller black-owned companies as well as in investing into the communities within which it operates.
Premier Fishing is the largest black-owned and controlled fishing company in South Africa and aims:
- To implement innovative processes within the value chain to increase efficiency in line with environmental best practices, thereby reducing its carbon footprint;
- To invest in reliable technology, which allows the company to reduce mortalities for live lobster kept for the export market, thereby ensuring maximum use of resource;
- To invest in natural energy thereby reducing reliance on the national power output and reducing its carbon footprint;
- To continuously mentor and develop all of its employees;
- To assist small businesses to grow and achieve their full potential; and
- To ultimately deliver sustainable returns to all of their stakeholders.