Tel: (+27) 084 300 2460
AYO Technologies Solution Ltd.
About AYO Technologies Solution Ltd
AEEI’s associate, AYO Technology Solutions Ltd (AYO), was successfully listed on the main board of the JSE on 21 December 2017 as a leading B-BBEE information and communication technology (ICT) company in South Africa, with strong management expertise and a sound track record. The AEEI Group now holds 49.36% equity in comparison to 80.03% prior to AYO being listed.
During the interim period under review, the AEEI Group relinquished control of AYO, resulting in the division becoming an associate in February 2018 without Board control. This investment has been accounted for as an associate as at the period ended 28 February 2018. The current improving market conditions and the regulations pertaining to B-BBEE have set AYO in good stead to capture the growing ICT spend across the South African market. The ICT associate is currently servicing customers in southern and northern Africa, Europe and Mauritius. Its strategic alliance with BT Communications Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd (BT) provides it with access to global technology trends as well as access to the global market. As a niche market enterprise, AYO provides effective ICT business solutions and services that enhance business performance to both government and corporate customers. AYO comprises businesses that are leaders in their respective niche markets, have solid client bases and high levels of sustained organic growth. As a B-BBEE ICT Company, AYO offer numerous end-toend solutions to a host of industries. AYO was established in 1996 and has evolved over time through continually adapting to the local and international ICT landscape.
The process of adaptation was enabled by acquiring new businesses, partnerships and sourcing innovative technology within its existing portfolio. AYO, through its divisions, subsidiaries and partners, provides business solutions to both the public and private sectors within South Africa and abroad, with its private sector client base comprising mostly bluechip multinationals. AYO maintains strong relationships and holds key value-added reseller and/or supplier agreements with principles such as Nokia Siemens Networks South Africa (Pty) Ltd, InterSystems Corporation, Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation, IBM and Riverbed Technology Inc., which provides AYO with continuous access to the latest technology. AYO has a strategic relationship with BT. Solutions include optimised and integrated healthcare ICT solutions; network services; collaboration services, including Immersive Telepresence, Managed local area network (LAN) and information processes and technology (IPT) Services, System Integration, Enterprise Security Management, Converged Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage Management, Efficiency and Waste Management, Audio Technology Provider and Unified Communications; mobile solutions; strategic digital services; and asset tracking.
Companies in the AYO Group offer the following wide range of solutions:
- Health System Technologies – ICT solutions to the healthcare industry, such as hospitals; primary healthcare, laboratory and pharmacy information systems; electronic health records; continuity of care records and telemedicine, backed by the necessary professional services, such as consulting, system architecture design, system integration, business intelligence and development of bespoke software solutions.
- Software Tech Holdings – offers an integrated range of services, including software engineering, business intelligence, professional services, usability and design.
- Afrozaar – a software consulting and product development business focused on the development of innovative software products in the mobile, digital and cloud environments. Afrozaar is fast becoming a leader in digital transformation of traditional media and brand groups around how they value their digital processes, assets and respective audiences.
- Digital Matter – an IT specialist focusing on mobile application development including mobile inspection management, fixed asset management, and solutions for clients in mobile field services, technician management, franchise evolution, mobile banking and plant commissioning.
- Puleng Technologies – provides their customers with a client-centric security strategy that manages the two most valuable assets in an organisation, being its data and users, while facilitating IT and business with a platform to build an efficient, collaborative governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) programme. It also provides service-orientated infrastructure architectures that focus on the simplification, automation and operational efficiencies within and beyond the data centre.
- Kalula Communications (trading as Headset Solutions) – imports and distributes notable brands within the telecommunications and consumer electronic markets. Headset Solutions is the distributor for all Plantronics and Konftel products in Southern Africa. Plantronics designs headsets for a wide range of devices, including phones, laptops, handhelds, entertainment and music devices. Konftel is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of audio conferencing equipment and the inventor of audio conference technology.
The AYO Group of companies has international partnerships with leading technology suppliers. The AYO Group is very successful at retaining its client base in the long-term and its established foundation has set the platform for future business growth. These strategies have paid dividends and are a cost-effective way of providing a short to medium-term source of income and growth and remain an integral part of their core strategy to develop new opportunities. Acquiring and developing their own intellectual property is a key strategic focus area and will ensure better margins with resulting profitability. Increasing revenue is generated through the launch of AYO’s own products and services into local and international markets. By extending their footprint into other parts of Africa and replicating their successes, AYO will ensure the sustainability of its businesses. As a medium-term opportunity, implementation services can be provided to first-world countries such as Australia and the United Kingdom. Opportunities are actively pursued to increase their market reach through partnerships and are culturally aligned with complementary businesses.
The AYO Group of companies has international partnerships with leading technology suppliers.
The AYO Group has a service delivery footprint in all the cities of South Africa and has expanded into the United Kingdom, USA, Ghana, Uganda, Zambia, Cameroon, Tanzania, Nigeria, Namibia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mauritius, Madagascar, Zambia and Malawi.
For more information, visit www.ayotsl.com